Very Easy Jam Jar Covers
Have you been busy making lots of lovely jams and pickles?
Is it time to start thinking of giving them to your favourite people?
They always look so special when they have that little fabric top on them.
Here's a really easy way to make 'no fray' jam pot covers using ordinary scissors.
1. Measure from the centre of your jar top down to where you want the fabric to end. In this case this was 31/2 inches
2. Double this measurement to give the full size of your squares. Let's use 7 inches for the remainding instructions
4. Fold the corner in until the diagonal measures 7 inches and cut along diagonal edge
5. Cut 7 inch strips parallel to the diagonal cut edge. Use the first strip as a template
6. Pile these strips up, matching one end
7. Cut the end square and then measure and cut at 7 inch interval to form squares
8. Place these over your jam jar and secure with ribbon or elastic around the neck of jar
From 0.5m of 45" wide fabric, I made 14 7 inch jam pot covers.
9. Now Label with Love
Congratulations you've just cut on 'the bias'
About the Authors
Your name *